Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Potted Plants For A Victorian Inspired Garden



Gardening is not my first love but when you start to get a life, that's the time you want to get away from the limelight and intend to see a colorful nature when you wake-up in the morning. Aside from my children, a beautiful landscape or a garden makes me feel relaxed after a days work. Sitting in my porch, drinking coffee and chit-chatting with my family and friends are one of the best things in my life. I would like to share my ideas in creating a calming garden sensation for people to share it with their loved-ones.


The Kresko Family Victorian Garden is my inspiration in creating my own version of Victorian garden. Molding a masterpiece like this is not that hard since you can search on the internet for ideas. All you need is the right tool, perseverance and faith in creating the design you want. When making a Victorian garden, you need to complete what you need inside the garden first. Pick an ornament that reminds you of Victorian style like white statues, gazing balls, fountains, gazebos, fish pond and sundials. Decorate your garden with iron-cast or stoned benches and a trellis with flowering vines like wisteria or clematis for a romantic look.


When  using plants for gardens such as this, use bedding plants. The whole idea of bedding plant is that you have two key seasons to have a continues range of flowers all year round. Use bright and dark colored flowers  to form the bulk of the colors. Make sure to add dots on the monotonous colored flowers so as to improve the color scheme of each bed. Suggested flowers to use are marigolds, daisies, lilies, violets, roses, tulips, hollyhocks, begonias,  asters, daffodils and pansies. 

pink rose in a beautiful tin container


If you have a small garden area in your place and you think bedding plants eat a lot of space, using potted plants are recommended alternatives. Potted plants like these can also be purchased online in Givingplants for example. Mini Pink Rose In White Embossed Tin Container is a perfect example of beautiful potted plant. Combining all your potted plants together creates a bed of potted flowers.



For more updates and information about home and business curb appeal improvement, please follow me on my Fan Page in Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment