Friday, January 24, 2014

A Great Day To Celebrate


One of my closest friend is celebrating her birthday today, and I really didn't know what to give her. We were friends since college days and every year on our birthdays we would give something to each other. But this time, I think I ran out of things to give to her. I have checked online for possible gifts or anything that she might and I came across the website of Givinglants.com. Carla is a plant lover and they used to have a garden in their front yard. But, because she had to leave the country to work, no one is able to maintain their garden. I wanted to give her flowering plants to help her started with her mini garden, but then I realize she will again leave soon and no one's gonna maintain the plants.


So instead, I wanted to surprise her with a cake, that is not just an ordinary cake. It is one of a kind because it is a floral cake silk arrangement. It has been artfully arranged in a series of cream colored silk flowers with highlights of greens and purples. I know that she will be happy with these simple gift that I'll be giving her. She is the kind of person who appreciates every small and big things that is given to her, because she believe that we should enjoy the little things, for one day when we look back and realize they were the big things then we wouldn't really regret anything. I am just happy to know that Givingplants has their own store near our area, and I was able to buy it immediately, because if I ordered online it will be ship within 1-2 days.


The delicious looking cake that I bought may look good enough to eat, but is actually hand-crafted from a variety of silk flowers, including hydrangea and carnations and topped with a single pastel rose. What's really important aren't the gifts or the grandiose celebration, it's the people who took their time to remember your special day. I believe that Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment