Friday, September 19, 2014

Leaving My Indoor Plants In The Office

 

Now, we are just counting the days for my expected date of delivery on my our second child. My Ob-Gyne advised that I should take my maternity leave and stay at home so that I could prepare for the big day. Mixed emotions are what I'm felling right now, I know that I have gone through this once with our first child, but I just can't help it. I'm still getting a bit nervous yet super excited to see our daughter. It has been 9 months that I have been carrying and caring for her in my womb. I actually have so many things to take care of before I leave the office. Making sure that my office desk are clean and all my work should be finish on time. Since, I have few office plants on my desk I decided to leave them to my co-workers welfare for the meantime. Having plants in the office has its benefits not only physically but psychologically as well.


Plants in the office offer more than aesthetic value. In fact, studies have shown that they help reduce stress, enhance employee attitudes, increase productivity and improve air quality. These interior plants offer business a simultaneously natural and beautiful addition to the interior while benefiting the overall well-being of their employees. Those are actually the reasons, why I love bringing these indoor plants at the office. They actually help me think and breathe better especially when I have a lot of things in mind. Little did we know, that plants offer visually-meditative experience, which ultimately leads to a happier and healthier employees. One of my low maintenance office plant, is the mixed succulents in textured aspen container, I decided to leave it to my closest friend. I know that the plant will definitely suit her personality.


I left her some maintenance instructions for the plant not to wither and die easily. Succulent plants are actually easy to take care of, since they are considered to be desert survivalist of the plant kingdom, plus they have these strong stems, roots and leaves which stores moisture and can withstand prolonged drought. Now, everything is already set in the office. I can have a peace of mind while I'm at home for my maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment