Friday, November 22, 2013

Worry-Free Air Plants


I strongly agree in the saying that "change is the only thing that is constant in this world", because everyone change, humans and animals alike. Even the environment changes from its true form as well as the weather. As a beginner in gardening, it is very hard for me to choose plants that I could maintain in all four seasons, especially during this winter. I am thinking of adding greens inside the house instead of adding plants in teh garden because of the winter. I didn't wasted my time and grab my laptop, and search online for plants that I could maintain at home. There are many options and suggestions that the internet has provided me. But one thing that really caught my attention is the air plant, because they are very easy to grow and less maintenance is needed.



Air plant or Tillandsia magnusiana, is a soft silver leaved specie that prefers good air movement. It is naturally gown horizontally so that the bottom of the plant can be on a vertical axis, and that way it can prevent water from collecting at the base of the leaves which can oftentimes cause the plant to rot. Air plants are an epiphyte, this means that this plant doesn't need soil to grow but instead, obtains water and nutrients from the air. I have searched for online sellers of this type of plant and it would be best if they have shipment because I don't have much time to visit any plant shops. Then I came across the website of Givingplants, good thing is that they are selling a tear drop terrarium kit with airplant, it's like hitting two birds with one stone. I don't have to worry where I will put the airplant since, it comes with a terrarium already and they will be shipping my order within 2 days.


For more information about the terrarium plants as well as other house plants you could visit their website or call directly their toll free number for further assistance. You could check the prices and shipment details and fees of these plants online too.

No comments:

Post a Comment