Friday, December 13, 2013

A Precious Friend

 

A friend of mine, got admitted at a hospital yesterday because of some chest pains. She undergone some stress test and 2D echo, and now she is just waiting for the results. It was not her first time to be hospitalized, and since her mother and sisters are not here to accompany her, we, her friends are there to help her. We know that she had been through a difficult time lately because of a broken heart, but what we did not know is that, when she is at home she is not eating at all and just lays down on her bed all day long thinking about how her past relationship ended up that way. She did not disclose ay details to us about the causes of her illness, because I know that she does not want us to worry about her situation. She strictly told the doctors and nurses not to tell anything to us too.


We were worried but at the same time, we are all praying that she gets better quickly and that we will help mend her broken heart. When I went to the hospital today, I passed by a fruit stand and a flower shop to buy something for her. Then at the flower shop, I saw a lucky bamboo hearts arrangement on display and bought it for her as a lucky charm. They call it the All My Love Lucky Bamboo Hearts, because it gives good luck to those who are broken- hearted, and I feel that she badly needs it. While on my way to her hospital room, I can not stop smiling because I know that she will definitely love it. Some of our friends are already there when I arrive and when I handed her my gift and explain what the plant is for, we all laughed and the room was again filled with our happy voices.


We do not know when she can leave the hospital, but there is one thing we know of and is sure of, that we will always be there for her no matter what. Because, friends gives us the courage to lift the blinds on our hearts. To open up and show what we generally keep hidden from the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment