Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Hearts Day Everyone!


Going to work everyday takes me around twenty to thirty minutes, but today it took me almost an hour because of a bumper to bumper traffic. Good thing I left home earlier, so I still managed to be on time. Today is the day all people around the World celebrates Valentines Day, a day for lovers and families even single people who usually wants to skip February 14th on the calendar. I noticed lovers walking around while holding hands and are extra sweet to each other. I also witnessed a lot of women swoon over bouquets of roses, with chocolates and teddy bears alongside. Today most of us women feel that they are loved by their partners and falls in love with each other all over again.


My husband is not with us this special day because of some important matters but I'm happy that he sent something for me and our son. Receiving a love letter from him plus a red mini rose in a love note container on this special day made my heart skip a beat. It was delivered to us early in the morning with our favorite Chocolate and some new toys for our son as well. While we are on the phone talking, I also told him about the good news. He was so excited about it that he wants to go home as soon as possible. Having an additional angel to our family is such a blessing to us. We are very thankful because He sent this angel to us in His right time.


Today is a double celebration for us, not just because it's Valentines Day but because God has blessed us with a new life to be love, take care of, and nurture until we grow old. Let us always remember to be happy and in love with our partner not only during Valentines day but it should be for the rest of the days you have with each other.


- Contributor, Mariecon Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment