Friday, February 21, 2014

Getting To Know More Plants





There are thousands and thousands of different types of plants that thrive in the world that we are living in today. Some of them we are very much familiar because they just grow in our neighborhood or we have seen them at the park or malls that we have visited, while others are grown outside of the country and some are even living in the wild rainforest. But what's really important is that these plants are there to produce the oxygen that we need to breathe, the food that we need in order to survive, medicines which is much healthier and reliable compared to those that were manufactured. Plants also regulate the water cycle, they help distribute and purify the planet's water and never forget that they make up the back bone of all habitats.


Those are the many reasons why I got fascinated of having my own garden and even I even have my own indoor plants. One that I got recently added to my houseplants is the pink splash dish garden in round basket. It was given to us as a gift by a friend, the round basket comes overflowing with a bela palm, croton, dracaena, pink splash, and english ivy. I am thinking of re-potting the other plants that came with the round basket so that they could have their own breeding ground and that they could grow appropriately. Of all the plants in the round basket, I am not familiar with the pink splash, so I made some research on how I could take care of them properly.



After reading some articles about the pink splash plant, I have realize that this type of plant is quite sensitive and would need some expert care. But I am confident that I can get the plant blooming as soon as possible and that I am also aware of the pitfalls of these kind of plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment