Friday, June 27, 2014

To Love Plants Is also To love Oneself


After a long and tiring day at the office, I would always love to sit at our garden gazebo while sipping some coffee to relieve my stress. I like how, seeing the blooming flowers from my garden could calm and soothe me. They say that, being outside in a natural environment can improve memory performance and attention span. The effect of nature or plants in the home and in the workplace serves to stimulate both the senses and the mind, improving mental cognition and performance. That is the reason why, I love to surround myself even at our workplace with plants because of the many positive benefits I get in taking care of them. Natural aesthetic beauty is soothing to people, and keeping ornamental flowers around the home environment is an excellent way to lower levels of stress and anxiety.


Even inside our garden gazebo, I have placed a garden wall lucky bamboo in our table top. The arrangement contains five stalks of lucky bamboo closely arranged in rectangular ceramic container. They say that, these garden wall lucky bamboo exhibits a sense of might and sanctuary which is actually what we need inside our gazebo. The lucky bamboo was given to us by one of our neighbor during the blessing of the gazebo. I was panning to put a flower arrangement at first because I believe that adding flowers reduces perceived stress levels and makes you feel more relaxed, secure and happy. But instead, I decided to place the lucky bamboo, since, our gazebo is just beside our flowering plants.


Let us be thankful to our Creator for giving nature to us because of the many benefits that we receive from them. And in return, it is our duty to protect and take care of them, just the way they are taking care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment